TROUBLE SLEEPING ? UNLOCK YOUR PINEAL GLAND OPEN YOUR THIRD EYE!
YOUR THIRD EYE, IS WAITING TO BE UNLOCKED?
LET’S TAKE A STEP BACK YOUR, WHAT IS YOUR THIRD EYE EXACTLY? FROM AN ANATOMY STANDPOINT, IT’S A PART OF YOUR BRAIN CALLED YOUR “PINEAL GLAND”
The pineal gland, conarium, or epiphysis cerebri, is a small endocrine gland in the brain of most vertebrates. The pineal gland produces melatonin, a serotonin-derived hormone that modulates sleep patterns in both circadian and seasonal cycles. The pineal gland is located in the middle of the brain, in between the two hemispheres. In non-in the center of your brain, and you’ll find a pinecone-shaped gland. This tiny gland plays an essential role in how we sleep, perform, make decisions, and perceive reality.
The pineal gland is key to the body’s internal clock because it regulates the body’s circadian rhythms. Circadian rhythms are the daily rhythms of the body, including signals that make someone feel tired, sleep, wake up, and feel alert around the same time each day. The pineal gland releases greater amounts of melatonin when it is dark, which points to melatonin’s role in sleep. This is why sleeping in the dark promotes better quality sleep and dreams another part of the pineal gland’s functions.
The pineal gland can also be linked to other parts of the body. Starting with bone metabolism, which is bone mass and declines with age. Mental health, linking to sleep deprivation, and depression. As people age, the pineal gland tends to secrete less melatonin. It is unlikely that melatonin is the sole culprit for age-related changes, but reduced levels of melatonin may help explain the aging process. Older adults tend to sleep less and may have trouble falling asleep. Changes in melatonin might explain this phenomenon and sense of direction.
Now that you know the medical version of the Pineal Gland, these are some
symptoms of a problem with the pineal gland include:
- headache, nausea, vomiting, or tremor
- difficulty with sense of direction
- changes in fertility, menstrual cycle, or ovulation
- mental health issues, particularly seasonal symptoms
These problems occur when your pineal has become calcified, this happens In adults, as small deposits of calcium often make the pineal body visible on X-rays.
How can we naturally fix these issues? What does this have to deal with your “Third Eye”? Read our next Blog Post to see how
- Pineal gland ANATOMY WRITTEN BY Charles H. Emerson
- Bayliss, C. R., Bishop, N. L., & Fowler, R. C. (1985, December 21). Pineal gland calcification and defective sense of direction [Abstract]. BMJ, 291(6511), 1758–1759
- De Crescenzo, F., Lennox, A., Gibson, J. C., Cordey, J. H., Stockton, S., Cowen, P. J., … Quested, D. J. (2017, June 14). Melatonin as a treatment for mood disorders: A systematic review [Abstract]. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica
- Hacking, C., & Jones, J. (n.d.). Pineal gland
- Jehan, S., Jean-Louis, G., Zizi, F., Auguste, E., Pandi-Perumal, S. R., Gupta, R., … Brzezinski, A. (2017, January–March). Sleep, melatonin, and the menopausal transition: what are the links? Sleep Science, 10(1), 11–18
- Sleep changes in older adults. (2017, July 10)